How to Change Past Venmo Transaction From Private to Public
Venmo has become one of the most popular mobile payment apps, making it convenient for users to send and receive money from friends and family. However, there may be times when you want to change the privacy settings of a past transaction from private to public. While Venmo doesn’t offer a direct option to modify the privacy settings of past transactions, there is a workaround that you can follow. In this article, we will guide you on how to change a past Venmo transaction from private to public.
1. Open the Venmo app: Launch the Venmo app on your mobile device and log in to your account.
2. Access your transaction history: Tap on the “☰” icon located at the top left corner of the app to open the menu. From the menu, select “Settings” and then choose “Privacy & Sharing.”
3. Change privacy settings: Under the “Transactions” section, select “Past Transactions” to view your transaction history. Find the specific transaction you want to change and tap on it.
4. Copy the transaction details: On the transaction details page, tap on the three-dot menu icon at the top right corner. From the options, select “Copy Transaction Details.”
5. Cancel the transaction: Now, go back to the main transaction page and tap on the “☰” icon again. From the menu, select “Incomplete Payments.” You will see the copied transaction details here. Tap on the transaction and then choose “Cancel Payment.”
6. Create a new transaction: Once the transaction is canceled, go back to the home screen of the app and tap on the “☰” icon again. From the menu, select “Pay or Request.” Now paste the copied transaction details into the recipient field.
7. Change privacy settings to public: In the recipient field, delete the existing recipient’s username and type “public” instead. Enter the payment amount and any additional information you want to include. Finally, tap on the “Pay” button to complete the transaction.
8. Verify the change: After completing the payment, go back to “Past Transactions” and find the newly created transaction. You will notice that it is now marked as a public transaction.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
1. Can I change the privacy settings of a past Venmo transaction to public?
Unfortunately, Venmo doesn’t provide a direct option to change the privacy settings of past transactions. However, by following the above workaround, you can achieve the desired result.
2. Will the recipient be notified if I change a transaction from private to public?
No, the recipient will not receive any notifications when you change the privacy settings of a past transaction.
3. Is it possible to change the privacy settings of multiple past transactions at once?
No, you need to follow the above process for each individual transaction you want to change.
4. Can I change a public transaction to private?
No, once a transaction is marked as public, it cannot be changed to private.
5. Will changing a past transaction to public affect my privacy settings for future transactions?
No, changing the privacy settings of a past transaction will not impact your privacy settings for future transactions.
6. Can I change a past transaction’s privacy settings using the Venmo website?
No, the process of changing a past transaction from private to public can only be done through the Venmo mobile app.
7. Will changing a past transaction to public affect my transaction history?
No, changing a past transaction to public will not alter your transaction history.
8. Can I change the privacy settings of a transaction made by someone else?
No, you can only change the privacy settings of transactions made from your own Venmo account.